Are you a triathlete, athlete, fitness enthusiast or someone just up for adventure? Try out the 2019 Hermosa Beach Triathlon! This is an event you don’t want to miss! The event features a 1/4-Mile ocean swim in the Pacific, 10-mile bike along the coast and a 3-mile run along the shores of Hermosa Beach. Push your limits, register for the Hermosa Beach Triathlon and expand your boundaries! You can do it!
This event is sanctioned by USA Triathlon, the national governing body for the sport of Triathlon. We suggest all our participants become familiar with USA Triathlon Rules and Regulations. Officials will be present enforcing these rules.
The Competitive Rules are intended to provide for the orderly and consistent administration of events sanctioned by USA Triathlon and are not designed to establish standards of care for the safety of participants or other persons. Every participant, official, volunteer and spectator should consider all safety issues and make related decisions prudently without reliance upon the Competitive Rules.
USA Triathlon makes no express or implied warranty, guarantee, or representation regarding the degree of safety, which may or may not result from compliance with the Competitive Rules. Examinations or inspections of equipment at sanctioned events are undertaken solely to monitor compliance with the Competitive Rules and do not guarantee or ensure safety from personal injury or property damage. The safety of race equipment is the sole responsibility of each and every participant.
Official Race Policies
- All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable to other athletes or other events.
- If you are unable to compete, we do offer a Right to Purchase for the following year’s event. The Right to Purchase does not transfer your registration fee towards the next year but does allow you to preregister for the event. To take advantage of this, please visit the following website to complete the form: Right to Purchase Form.
- Number Plates and Race Numbers MUST be visible at all times in order for riders to be scored.
- Racers must wear the assigned timing chip in order to be scored.
- Helmets must be worn at all times during the biking portion of the race.
- All athletes are expected to conduct themselves in a sportsman-like way. MESP reserves the right to refuse future race entry and to disqualify anyone who conducts himself or herself in a way unbecoming of an athlete. Fighting, foul language, cheating and other un-sportsmanlike practices will not be tolerated.
- The timing director and the USAT official will resolve all timing problems. If an official is not present, the timing director will have the final decision on all protests with the consultation of the race director if necessary.
- Timing problems and protests must be presented within the posted 15-minute protest period. Problems and protests presented after the 15-minute protest period may not be addressed in time for the award ceremony.
- Riders starting in the wrong wave will be disqualified.
- Results will be posted online the day of the event.
- USAT rules are enforced.
- Non-USAT members must pay a one-day license fee of $15 per person per event for ages 14 and up.
- Age Group: Determined by age on Dec. 31 of the event year, not by age on race day. For example: If you turn 25 years old in July of 2019, you will race and be ranked in the 25-29 age group for the entire 2019 season.
- USAT Rules